Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Appliances-SFB: The Pest

Hello, everybody. I haven't been posting much in recent weeks. I'm still alive, although sometimes I wonder about the definition of "alive". Recently, much of the energy I would normally have for blogging has been devoted to getting all the darned Appliances-SFB footage that recently came into my possession formatted and edited for posting on the YouTubes. I tried to do it myself for awhile and got very frustrated with the lack of information available on how to make it work, so my brother enlisted the aid of someone who knows more about this sort of thing than I. Nothing came of that, for reasons I don't fully understand, but it sounds as if real life got in the way, so I'm back to doing it myself. One reason I'm putting them on the YouTubes is that they allow larger files than Blogger, so the quality can also be higher. In addition, posting them only here on Enriched Geranium seems to be frustrating those few people who are looking for A-SFB videos on the internets and they are having trouble finding them. Due to my lack of knowledge on the subject, and possibly due to the shortcomings of the software I have found that doesn't require laying out any cash, it's a very slow process (truly slow, I have to let the computer run over night just to load one song before I can edit it and add titles and all that), but it's coming along. I have succeeded in getting almost all the clips that I have posted here up on the YouTubes (just search for "Appliances-SFB" if you're so inclined) and now I have a new one, too, just uploaded tonight. Hopefully, someday soon, I will be done with this project and get on to something else. I think I have eight more to go. It will be good to have them all up there for posterity, but it's a tedious undertaking.

So, here for your enjoyment is Appliances-SFB performing "The Pest".

1 comment:

gomonkeygo said...

Thanks again, Ed! The effort is greatly appreciated.