Friday, March 20, 2009

Road trip!

Here are some photos from our trip so far.


Crossing the Mississippi River into Iowa.



St. Patrick's Day in Des Moines.



In the Arbuckle Mountains, Oklahoma.



The place we are staying in Austin. Sarah's place. That's Pam and her husband, Mr. Pam, sitting out front. It's a good half-hour walk from the center of the action, but it's nice to be able to get away from the noise. Sarah is very nice. I'll try to get a picture of her before we leave. There are these really noisy birds all over the place. I think they might be mockingbirds. They have this call (one of many that they seem to have) that sounds kind of like a car alarm. I think they're mocking me.



The capitol building and a church reflected in the glass.



There is music happening everywhere. Everywhere. Did I mention everywhere? Here's some band playing in a hair salon.



I kept seeing these people on their Segways. I assume they're members of some religious cult.



Last night, Jeff, our keyboardist, sat in with The Silos. You can see just a little bit of him behind the bassist. They were very good. The best band I've seen so far in the festival.



This is the area where we will be playing later today, as it looked last night. Hope to see some familiar faces!



Well, that's it for now. I hope to post some more before we leave, but I've had some difficulty finding access to the intertubes, so we'll see.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Sorry I was grouchy. It's just that I don't even get to turn down the chance to see Eliza Gilkyson. And I'm tired. And my shoulders hurt. And I'm feeling kind of sad about Sophie.

lisahgolden said...

The pictures are great! and so is the commentary. I hope that trip has going well for you.