Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wisconsin Film Festival

Ms. Geranium, Sparkly Seacow and I went to see a collection of short films as part of the Wisconsin Film Festival. The films were of varying lengths, but most were under ten minutes. I thought some were very good, some not so good, and some were just weird. We ended up sitting next to Hannah Dallman, the director, writer and producer of one of the films, "Small Comforts." She was there with her young daughter and other family members. I enjoyed her film.

Here's another good one that we saw called "This is Umberto" by Anna Krutzik.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

I liked this one. She also seemed like perhaps the youngest of all of the (young) film makers, and the only one who had put her work on YouTube.

Crayons said...

Hi Geranium
How did I miss the film fest? I'm glad you invited Sparkly Cow. She's lucky to have trendy parents.

Also, thank for stopping by to welcome me back. I'm still getting my sea legs.

Also, I read your piece about hitting the big time. God, you look so professional in that one photo. I bet you got pumped up from being with all of those musicians. Very cool.

gomonkeygo said...

Sounds like fun. Should come down to our Film Fest in September. Not as big...but we make up for it with niceness.

We're coming up to Madison on the 24th, to go to the gamelan concert at the UW next night (and see family, etc). If you're going to be around, maybe we can get a beer and I can bring you some Fripp and Eno and other good musics.

lisahgolden said...

Happy Birthday, Ed!!!!!

I know, I'm late and did this already on FB, but I do what Suzy says. Even finger operas.

Unknown said...

Ed, a birthday? Sorry I'm late for the party. But I hope you had a good one.

I want to thank you for the CD. I can't wait to play it. Unfortunately, my life has been so bogged down right now that finding the time to play a single CD is difficult. The car I'm currently driving does not have a player, so I'm waiting to have my own car back so I can - ROCK! Since it seems the only time I can listen to music these days is while driving.

I know, I'm technologically challenged. I don't even own an MP3 player.

Thanks for thinking of me. I lit up when I opened the package!

Love ya,
Gina